• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Winch

shepherm

Hello everyone. I've been a reading member here for a while I waited to buy a M1008, the day has came and I'm going to pick up the truck tomorrow!

I have a few things I know I want to add including a winch. I currently have a new Warn 18K 24v winch, I'm wondering if its too big. Would I be better off selling the 18K and getting a smaller winch for front, maybe the rear too?

Thanks for your feedback!

shepherm

Thanks guys. The only thing I dislike about the 18K winch is the cable size, wish I could afford synthetic rope! I need to see if there is a market for the new cable I have maybe I could come up with the rest.

porkysplace that's a great link and I should have searched better.

So after reading almost all the post, I really like behind the bumper mount. I think the winch I have is too wide to fit between the front frame rails. If these Frame specs are correct it should fit between the rear frames.

Skinny

Post # 10 of this thread will give you links to all kinds of CUCV winch information . Winch help
That post #10 just gave me a ton of reading to do because I'm on the fence of permanent vs. multi mount and electric vs. hydraulic. I've owned plenty but it's still cool to see everyone's setup with feedback. This should definitely be a sticky with an on going list of winch install threads.

It also seems like many guys are running 12v winches. Other than the more expensive Warn's, I think we are limited to MM, Come Up, and some older Ramsey brands. I really have my eye on an integrated solenoid 10k MM for under $800 but that will only work as a multi mount. It will be tough to lay that guy down behind the front bumper.