• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 with a back-up warning signal???

ssgtwright-usmc

Underneith my M1008 near the rear passenger side bumper I notice some type of alarm.
Is this a back up warning alarm for being in reverse gear.
I never heard it working since I have owned the vehicle.
How can you tell if it needs replacing.
I dont see it in the TM in the electrical section.
Thought it might be included within the black out lights section, but no.

papercu

If your truck had been used on a construction site, one could have been added. Just hit it with 12v and you'll see if the alarm is good. It would not be in the TM but it should be connected to the backup light circuit at some point. Wayne

ssgtwright-usmc

From what I got from another member here when he checked my VIN out he said it use to belong to a Army Engineering BN. I guess thats why it has it on their.

ssgtwright-usmc

Its black and looks like that thing in the fuse block on top but 10 times as big.
I dont evn know what that one is on the fuse block.
I dont have any connections on the door for lets say, interior lights when the doors are open.
I guess that black box on the fuse block might be a headlights on warning signal.
Dont know what else its for.

papercu

I dont have any connections on the door for lets say, interior lights when the doors are open.
That wouldn't be a good thing in a combat zone so may have been left off. Wire may be there, if so you might fnd replacements at a salvage yard. Wayne

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The thing at the top of the fuse block is the seatbelt reminder/warning buzzer. Wire for it runs beneath the insulated pad alongside the drivers seat to the drivers seatbelt retractor. I'm adding a backup alarm to my contact maintenance truck because I cannot see what's behind me when backing. I've already added back-up lamps. I figure it's best to give fair warning to children, shopping carts, little old men and women, vw's and animals.

ssgtwright-usmc

Definately want my back up signal working.
Where I live I think the kids think the streets are their only play ground espescially parking lots.
Well, at least I know whats wrong with the seat belt alarm, its not hooked up at the seat belt. The wires have been cut from prior owner.