• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008

bjl8691

on govliquidation whats the going price whats the actual value its obviously in poor cond. it stated it needs towing any info will be great anyone ever buy one at that auction? my guess would be 400 - 800 dollars after all it is a 20+ year old truck exposed to the elements

Last edited by a moderator:

kenny

The last M1008 I got was from Kelly AFB in San Antonio and was stated to be a 3/4 ton with 227 thousand miles on it and not running.They told me it had been parked for 4 years because they never could get it started. I went and looked at it at and bid 3500 for it. I won the auction for 3250.
That was 5 or 6 years ago.

In the glove box it had every paper for maintance with the Dates and miledge that had been done, and the papers on the truck from when it was delevered BRAND NEW to Fort Sam In San Antonio Texas to the day I got it from Kelly AFB .

The truck lived its entire ""running"" life at Fort Sam here in San Antonio untill I picked it up at Kelly AFB.

The truck only had 27000 miles on it and a dead glow plug relay. I showed up with 2 batterys and jumped the glow plug relay and drove it home..

I Also paid 2900 for a running M1010 about 8 years ago that I drove home .

Attachments

Last edited:

HAWKMAN

there some for auction on govliquidation whats the going price whats the actual value its obviously in poor cond. it stated it needs towing any info will be great anyone ever buy one at that auction? my guess would be 400 - 800 dollars after all it is a 20+ year old truck exposed to the elements
$400.00 to $800.00?..maybe if you're bidding on a truck that no-one else is bidding on. I can't vouch for what stuff goes for mid-section of the country to west coast but where I'm at in the Northeast you couldn't touch a 1008 for under $1500.00 at auction. A couple months ago one truck that had NO rears/motor/trans/interior/nothing under the hood..when for $300.00,(Oh no title with this truck either)...if you can find them complete (I don't care how old they are) I'd buy them all day long for $500.00 for parts. I bought from Picatinny in NJ back in Feburary 2009 two 1008, one fixed up quick and went to it's happy new owner for $3500.00 the second I was going to break-up for parts and was offered $800.00 for the dana front rear and $375.00 for the rear/rear...I opted to do repair and am curranly using it through this winter and will sell it in the late spring ealry summer. Just because it's "old" doesn't mean that it has no value. Who knows...maybe you'll get lucky and pick-up a 1008 in good running condition for a couple hundred bucks...never know...

ChevyFan1207

Around here, some dealerships have picked up a few, cleaned them up, and are asking about $5,000.00, and they aren't that special... These trucks are extremely useful, and not to mention MPG efficient! I drove mine to visit my Father in Birmingham over the Holidays (135 miles there) and it got 20 miles per gallon. The little 05 Volkswagen I have as a daily driver only gets 25! ;-)

91W350

I think the rockcralwers are paying more than you are thinking just for the axles. I gave 4995 for mine and feel lucky to have it. It was a 24,000 mile truck though. Served its time at a Job Corp site in a State Park. A few small dents, no rust or mechanical issues. New tires and batteries. I ran several on GL to 2500 to 3000 dollars and did not get them bought.

That being said, I paid 700 dollars for my first one and had to replace the flywheel, have the starter rebuilt.... Put in a seat and two tires. It was a super truck and ran perfect. I ran it all over the central US until a Suburban ran a red light and tried to kill both of us.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
on govliquidation whats the going price whats the actual value its obviously in poor cond. it stated it needs towing any info will be great anyone ever buy one at that auction? my guess would be 400 - 800 dollars after all it is a 20+ year old truck exposed to the elements
I just bought a parts truck thru govliq, $875.00 before all the fees, a non runner to fix others and I'm quite happy. Over the summer I got lucky and picked up a running M1008 (didn't know it did though and had to drive 5 hours one way to get it) at a live auction for $100.00 but its a flintstone mobile. those deals are FEW and FAR between. the picture is of the $100.00 special.

Attachments

Monty

Welcome to the site, good to see another WI MVer on here. You may also try GSA auctions
they have trucks that come out of the military and are sent to local goverments for use then are auctioned off by them.
http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/gsaauctions/

I think you'd be hard pressed to find one selling for under 1k, like was mentioned earlier the parts are worth more.

AlphaHaven (Also in WI) has trucks but you'll pay 3-5k for one. I've heard trucks that are coming out of service and going to auction alot get bought up by them? (So I've heard).

I've only talked to them over the phone and they helped me with some questions that I had.

Good luck

Chad

ABN173

I believe I sent you a pm about this since you had asked a similar question on another thread but I'll include pictures this time. My first MV was a M1009 I bought from a private sale for $3800. I only sold it because some drunk kid came down my street and hit it. My 2nd MV was a M1008 I bought from GL winning bid was $1900. If you don't want to spend that much then I suggest you try GSA rather than GL but even then I would expect to spend up to $1500.

Good Luck,
Dale

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks