• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008A1 Gets a Lift!

dragonman

Load sensing valve?

On the rear brake line, I bent the flex-line bracket(also is the lower pivot point for the load sensing brake valve) up about 2-3". I also extended the control rod(bar) so that it works correctly. I have lifted the rear of the truck to let the suspension get to its max top travel, and the rear line is ok.

The front brake lines were replaced last year. they are stock length. I have jacked up one side of the axle, to get full twist and they seem long enough.

I don't currently plan of serious off-roading with this truck, as mentioned in the first post. The tires were added for road speed/engine speed reasons.

I'll keep an eye on everything for a while, to be sure.
Where is the load sensing valve located? Is this a stock item?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, stock item. The valve is mounted on a bracket above and infront of the rear axle,attached to the frame on the passenger side.

It is easily found and identified in the -20P TM.

dragonman

On the rear brake line, I bent the flex-line bracket(also is the lower pivot point for the load sensing brake valve) up about 2-3". I also extended the control rod(bar) so that it works correctly. I have lifted the rear of the truck to let the suspension get to its max top travel, and the rear line is ok.

The front brake lines were replaced last year. they are stock length. I have jacked up one side of the axle, to get full twist and they seem long enough.

I don't currently plan of serious off-roading with this truck, as mentioned in the first post. The tires were added for road speed/engine speed reasons.

I'll keep an eye on everything for a while, to be sure.
Just for reference the door sill height is now 30", the bed floor height is 42" and the top of the box sides is now 60".

I am not sure I like it. Time will tell. I need to install some steps soon.
How high was the sill before the lift? To get my sill that high mine would have to go up nine inches. I think my springs are shot, the back ones are sitting on the helper springs with no load in the box and the front ones are real close to the rubber bump stop.
How much was your lift?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't measure it before. My front suspension was almost on the stops. Cost was posted in post # 20.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks