• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 10 bolt rear

cucvrus

Maybe. Is the C10 rear 3:08 ration. If I were to do this, I would swap the backing plates and axles. But you must make sure the spline count on the axles is the same which I believe they are. I converted a 1985 C10 to a K10 and used the rear axle after swapping the axles and backing plates. I used the front axle and suspension from a 1984 M1009. Holes were all in the frame. Pretty basic. Good Luck.

2deuce

Yes 3.08 ratio. I'm concerned with the spline count, I didn't think about the backing plates being different. What are the differences? I found another 10 bolt 3.08 axle, but I don't know what truck it was originally in. After I buy one surprises are bad. Thanks

Keith_J

Stock 1009 rear are 28 spline. GM 14039547.
Pull the donor 6 lug axles. If lucky, it will be an open differential which are easier to remove the C clips. G80 are busier to pull apart.

cucvrus

Yes 3.08 ratio. I'm concerned with the spline count, I didn't think about the backing plates being different. What are the differences? I found another 10 bolt 3.08 axle, but I don't know what truck it was originally in. After I buy one surprises are bad. Thanks
If you were not in Oregon, I would sell you a brand-new in the crate M1009 rear. It is an OEM GM rear axle complete except the hydraulic brake tubes. I also have a brand-new OEM front axle in the create complete with new L/O and calipers.

nyoffroad

If you were not in Oregon, I would sell you a brand-new in the crate M1009 rear. It is an OEM GM rear axle complete except the hydraulic brake tubes. I also have a brand-new OEM front axle in the create complete with new L/O and calipers.
LOL! My son needed one and I told him that you probably had one or two kicking around he just grumbled on about price and distance, I was even willing come down and pick it up just to meet up and look around your place, bet I could've found something needed too.

cucvrus

Rochester NY. Less than 300 miles. I have been there a few times. On a bad day a 5-hour trip. I had a member here drive from Florida for an M1009 rear axle. They used to be everywhere now they must be getting hard to find. 35-year-old vehicle parts get less and less with each passing day. I hope you have it all fixed up again.