• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 6.2 idling fuel consumption

cowboywitek

hey guys,
still doing some research on the m1009, and had a question on how much gas a 6.2 uses when idling... I know on my 7.3 f250 when it idles say for about 1 hour you can tell it uses gas. what about the 6.2? thanks for your help!
Tim

Fleg

hey guys,
still doing some research on the m1009, and had a question on how much gas a 6.2 uses when idling... I know on my 7.3 f250 when it idles say for about 1 hour you can tell it uses gas. what about the 6.2? thanks for your help!
Tim

none and I bet your 7.3 doesn't use any gas either.

Iceman3005

I had mine idle for about 8 hrs several nights in a row, because the glow plugs failed, it was 10-20 below zero and only vehicle I had too go too work, used about 1.25 gallons of diesel every 8 hrs.

jj

Thank you, immensely, for that bit of hard earned information. Many times people have given me attitude about "wasting gas while idling". Now i can tell them exactly how much!

Iceman3005

Yup! My 1008 uses 2 gallons of fuel one way to work, and I have too fuel up every 4 days, after idling for 4 8 hr nights I lost one days worth of driving that's how I figured out how much I used, did the math when I fueled the truck comparing my lost mileage to how much fuel I put in.