• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 6 inch lift ??????

REDWOLF

Ok future plans for my M1009 is to install Dana 60 axels front and rear with a locker in the rear. I have the rear axel it is a full floater 60, just need the front. I plan on installing a 6" lift and 35 inch tires. I have read on here before that you need to get a lift for a 3/4 ton pickup to get the correct springs? I surched but could not find the post so that is one question i have. Trying to gather all my parts before so i can due one big install at one time.

dstang97

It makes a difference. Order a kit for a k20. If you get rear springs order 52"s. Btw ditch the Dana 60 for a 14bff

REDWOLF

Thats what i thought i should order a kit for a k20, due to the spring width and the fact that the m1009 use 3/4 ton springs. Thanks. Yes i am doing rear springs do not like blocks. The axel i have may be a 14 bolt full floater i kind of forgot i even had it. it is out of a early 80 chevy 3/4 ton pickup. I know it is a full floater due to the axels bolts and the fact that i have a regular 14 bolt that is no a full floater. Know i just need to find a cheap dana 60 for the front.

REDWOLF

Does anyone know what eles i would need to do the axel swap and lift other than axels and the lift w/shocks and brake lines or lowering brakets. I am sure i will need new drive shafts just because of the biger ujoints on the 3/4 ton axels and probly longer for the 6" lift but what other stuff i maybe over looking. Thanks :wink:

86m1028

Just order a kit for a blazer. It will work just fine. Axles have nothing to do with it.
Unless you don't want to bolt them in.

The frt ubolt you will need for a Dana 60
(3 u bolts & 2 studs or 2 bolts)
Rear (dana 60) you will have to measure &
Have ubolts made.

I agree with what others have said
Go with a 14 bolt .

FYI all lift springs are the same width for
1/2, 3/4, & 1 tons

vinny-socom1

I run a 4" lift with 12bolt hummer wheels and 37" tires on the wifes M1009...NO ISSUES on clearance. you can order any of the lift kits just make sure you get a ubolt kits for the k20, truck springs are the same.
ditto on the 14bff

Vinny

ODdave

I dont see anything wrong with his choice of a 60 in the rear for a 1009. Yes the 14 bolt is stronger but the 60 has MUCH better options if you want to run a limited slip in the rear as opposed to a full locker. I really doubt the 6.2 is going to hurt it and he could always run a 60HD as well (35 spline shafts)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks