• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 85 cucv fuel filter conversion to new scerwon filter.

kclark

My fuel filter on my 85 M1009 CUCV 6.2L diesel is pouring fuel. I want to convert it to the screw on filter. What style/brand do yall recommend?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your sensor is leaking, a simple oring may fix that.

Others have jbwelded it and yet others have screwed a screw in the hole.

Where is it leaking from?

kclark

I have not dug into it yet to see where the exact leak is coming from. it is leaking from the back of the filter mount plate. everyone just recommended replacing it as oppose to fixin it...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, but personally I would look at it first, you may only need to tighten a thumb screw.

Search for threads on filters, there are tons of them. Everyone does it with whatever they find available.

You may find more in the CUCV modifications forum(if people could post in the right place ever)

Drock

Agree with Doghead , the stock filter base can be fixed / rebuilt for less then ah dollar worth of O-rings from Ace hardware and ah piece of vacuum line. Although the 30 year old plastic sensors tend to be brittle, therefore the stock base is known to be problematic. The other choices are a NAPA filter base #4309 and some fittings, fuel line and the filter for around $50.00. Or the expensive route is the Stanadyne FM100 filter + base. Which can be optioned out with a fuel heater, clear sight glass drain , electric fuel pump, and other gadgets. Mine with the fuel heater and sight glass was around $160.00.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks