• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 alternator belts

CycleJay

Hi guys,

I need alternator belts for my M1009.

I did a search here for the proper part #'s.
But even if it is the same brand, I have seen more than one part number,
for the drivers side, and more than one part number for the passenger side.

Now which is it? Do I follow the wiki or do I follow the recommendations,
of other posters here on this subject?

Thank you,

CJ

GoldComet6

Jay.....I'm no expert at all, but one of these ideas might work for your situation:

1) Try to get the numbers off the belts you have or just take your belts off and take them to the store.

2) Buy the wiki ones and just try them. If they don't work exchange them for the other numbers.

3) Get the wiki/thread part numbers together and go to the store and cross reference them. Perhaps there are different numbers for the same belt? There are many belt brands, so it may just be different numbers by brand.

4) Drive your '09 to the parts store and see if the parts guys will help compare the belts to the ones installed on the truck. With it sitting there, it should be easy to locate the right one. You can compare the new belt length to the pulley distances.

There may be a better answer from another member. 2cents

Buzz

I used the gates belts from the wiki, and they worked great,

Driver side alt- Gates# 25-7575; Dayco# 15580
Passenger side alt- Gates# 7483; Dayco# 15490
Power Steering- Gates# 7448; Dayco#15455:driver:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It also depends on the size of pulley on the alternators.

Originally they where 77mm from the factory. Over the years some have been replaced with 66mm or other sizes.

You wouldn't think it is a big deal but it is.

So check the size of your pulleys.

Last edited:

scottc

My only advice, do not buy national chain store generic belts, my experience is they last about two weeks. The extra couple bucks for quality makes a difference. Go with NAPA, Gates, ect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks