• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 axle strength

bossler

I have started looking into m1008/1009's as a possible daily driver for this summer. The diesel engine with its good fuel efficiancy is especially appealing to me. I would really like a M1008, as it seems to be built with the most heavy duty components, but they seem harder to find than M1009's. My question is for the M1009, are the axles the 8.5" 10 bolt? I know the truck is rated at 3/4 ton, so i wouldnt think that GM would put 1/2 ton axles under it. This is particularly concerning to me because I know several friends who have had K5's and have snapped axle shafts in the 8.5" 10 bolt running 33 or 35 inch tires with open diffs. Any help on this topic would be much appreciated.

K10A

they are weak little twiggyz . :) The only prob with the 008s are they have 4.56 gears so they wind out reall bad at highway speeds .

rizzo

If you want to get rid of the old gears contact mudboggers and they would swap their high gears for your low ones even up. Or you might be able to get a little money and the higher gears

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks