• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Blazer upholstery

CPAPPY

Just wondering if any members have bought upholstery kit for their M1009 from LMC or any of the other part suppliers. If so do you have any pictures of them installed .

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Blazer kits from LMC won't fit the M1009. The seats are different.

Barrman

I ordered the vinyl floor from LMc and have been trying to install it this week. Non heated shop and 30° temps make that stuff not want to bend at all. We should warm up some soon. I will get pictures when it is done.

richingalveston

I installed the vynil floor, it fits ok. there are some bumps in it around the seat mounts because the seat mounts do not line up. Do not try to heat it with a heat gun. it will make it warp and shrink. I tried this in one spot and it does not help. get a good propane fan heater and keep it blowing on the floor you do not want it hot but warming it will help

2002ford

There is a place in Springfield that does seats and stuff. Check them out. You should be able to find a color very close to original. I have not used them but in El Paso I had my Jeep done and it was a perfect match. It cant hurt to ask.

M1009 NEWBEE 2013

Barrman, how did ur floor install go?? I just ordered mine from stock interiors and it is 4 pieces. Front area to back at bench seat foot area, cargo area and 2 wheel hump pieces. How did hrs turn out? Any lessons learned/dos-donts???

readyman

The LMC upholstery is close but made for wider seatbacks at the top. If you are creative with gluing some extra foam up there you can stuff 'em to fitPICT0001r.jpg.PICT0004.jpgphoto (48).jpg
You can also do a little fold at the seatback bottom to make it fit. All in all, I would not do it again, and I ended up covering 2 weeks of upholstery work with those cool OD Molle seat storage systems. But I wanted a black interior, seats, doors, dash.

Last edited:

Jrz13

Barrman, how did ur floor install go?? I just ordered mine from stock interiors and it is 4 pieces. Front area to back at bench seat foot area, cargo area and 2 wheel hump pieces. How did hrs turn out? Any lessons learned/dos-donts???
I ordered the carpet for my M1009 from Rock Auto, it was a 4pc kit like mentioned above. Let it sit out a couple days to get some of the shipping creases out, measure twice before cutting, using a red hot knife and or punch will help keep the carpet from fraying. Having a buddy help makes the larger pieces easier to manipulate. I really like my carpet in both looks and sound deadening. Hope that helps a lil

Barrman

It turned out great. Post number 32 shows Colton cutting in the rear seat mounts of this thread:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?90738-M1009-aka-RED-project-under-way

There are some more pictures later in the thread with everything installed.

We installed a stereo system over Thanksgiving. The radio has bluetooth and hands free phone talking. We put the microphone on the drivers sun shade. Driving down the road at 60 mph with the windows up a person in the back seat can speak in a normal tone of voice and the person on the other end of the phone call can hear them ok.

Noise wise, the insulation and vinyl are great as I pointed out already. We haven't gotten cold enough here or had long drives in the cold for me to comment on the insulation gains. We plan to drive it 300 miles on Christmas day. It is forecasted to be kind of cold that day and I will share what we experience.

An A/C is also in the plans for this truck. That is why we added so much insulation in the first place. We will have to wait for that install and summer to see how good it really is.

M1009 NEWBEE 2013

I've seen them but was curious about which model you went with since there are so many sizes. Wanted to make sure it fit my seats. When I did a search it showed 5 different jeap models/sizes but nothing for blazer. Jeep CJ seem to be the 99 version.

Barrman

Lots of razor blade cut pie shaped wedges for the wheel wells and 3M spray adhesive to hold it on. The front required cutting at the heater outlet and coming off the tunel in the front.

readyman

Smittybilt 5661031 GEAR O.D. Green Front Seat Cover

There is SO much size adjustment in the webbing they'll fit anything. Just be aware the straps have Velcro on both ends, I thought I was in 'short strap' trouble for a while. And they come with a mess of Molle pouches which I have yet to figure out the best mounting spots.