• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 bogs while climbing hill

rebsgtdave

My 1984 M1009 has started bogging down when climbing long hills. Fills like brakes being applied and you can fill it release. New wheel cly, shoes, and hardware in rear. New rotors, calipers, pads in front. Hoses all the way around and new master cly. Rotors had been hot and pads not worn even. I drove it after the changes today, with little to no change, don't notice it at low speeds or when cold. Changed Hydro boost this evening with a take off, nothing left in the brakes, will test drive in the morning. If this doesn't fix it any suggestions, fuel?

number9er

Over here in the mountains, mine has trouble lugging on steep grades. Be careful with the engine temp when it does that. I can can manually downshift and get going when I need to. It's higher RPMs but still less heat.

rebsgtdave

Hydro boost was no help. Changed fuel filter and regained all the power I forgot I had, pulling hills fine now. Lesson learned, I had the filter for 2 weeks but wouldn't change it because it looked good from the outside. Thank for all the help.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
...I had the filter for 2 weeks but wouldn't change it because it looked good from the outside.
[thumbzup] lol!

Mine seems to dog on long hills and the filter is pretty new. I think I'll swap it out this weekend and see if it helps- they're cheap enough.

I was afraid that when I installed the fuel manager and put the brass couplers to extend the fuel hose, that they were reducing the fuel flow (they have a smaller ID than the fuel hose). I don't know how much "extra" there is in the amount of fuel getting to the IP.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks