• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 cd player install

jgb680

I added an extra fuse box and pulled power from the battery. My radio is on a toggle switch from the fuse box. It's probably a little more complicated than necessary but the accessory setting on my ignition switch doesn't work. So I just use the toggle switch if I want to use the radion with out my m1008 running. I also used an amplified antenna that I mounted under the dash, this keeps you from having to cut any holes any where. You can buy one of these antennas at any auto parts store.

sierrajcharlie

I got switched power from the fuse panel and ran a wire thru a grommet to the "diamond" for my always on power. I used a 7 foot radio shak cb whip antenna with an adaptor from the cb end to the regular radio antenna plug. It really pulls in the stations.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

topgun217

Just ran mine from the fuse holder slot. Also went to Napa and bought an "add a fuse" and connected cigarette lighter also. For antenna I bought a

$14 antenna at auto zone and paited it black. Put antenna through one of the existing holes in the fiberglass and worked o
ut perfect.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks