• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 cost of ownership

cucv1833

Mine is just a hobby i would never use it just for a daily driver thats just me. It came from a guy that had got from the LA-NG and is well maintained and everything works. since then ive done put over $2000 in maintance just to feel better about it. I love it and hope to never get rid of it but for the money i have in it i will never get back or could have bought a nice newer vechicle. But like i said thats just me and i have a F-150 and motorcycle for a daily driver. Good luck

SGT Estum

I'm a single guy, but I have lots of friends who aren't. So I think I'm semi-qualified here...
If you've got little kids they are time consuming.
If you've got a M1009, and you don't want to pay a fortune to a mechanic, it will be time consuming.
There's only so much time in the day... I'm guessing your wife (and probably you too) would rather spend it with the family.

SELL the 2500 outright and get an economical car. When you get established and your kids are old enought to turn wrenches, buy an M1009 and teach them something.

Just my 2cents

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i'm 26 years old i was 24 when i got my m1009 age does't matter i got it for 4250 off egay.. and put almost $2000 into it and i got some more things to do

but other then that i put 10,000 miles on it already it's at 71,125 miles atm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks