• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 CUCV "Army Vette"

SpecWarSquid

Hey everybody. This was forwarded along to me and I did do a SS search to no avail. I am NOT listing this and only thought it was interesting and worth sharing for discussion purposes.

***** eBay link removed ....eBay links are not allowed per the Forum rules *****
M1009 Vette.jpg

I wondered how long it would be before someone tried something like this. Me personally I would like to have seen a lot more CUCV in this build. I'm not even sure this is an actual M1009. The Ad states it's a '74, so I intially guessed he swapped out for a '83-86 front clip. But a closer look at the interior shows what looks to be orginal 'well-used' OD paint on the rear quarters. So maybe the body is a real M1009 and the '74 is just a typo.

IMO I would have like to have seen this project excuted while maintaining the 6.2 along with unique CUCV equip, ie Brush guard, bumpers with clevis' and mostly stock appearing interior.

That being said the guy did a good job doing what he did and has much more metal working talent than I.

Last edited by a moderator:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That CUCV reminds me of another truck...I can't quite remember but I know I saw something like this in the past.....hmmmmm....

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not what I was expecting when I opened the thread. I guess a M1009 would be the "sportscar" of the military fleet when it comes to top speed. :whistle:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have much preferred to see a narrowed rear and some huge MTs suffed under the back rather than the ethnic wheels.

tamangel

the description says they took a army blazer 'shell' and put it on a beefed up roll caged 2000 C5 vette chassis w/ an LS-1 motor. Says it can cruise at 100 mph without tire/wheel rub..

:roll:

Mike W

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you look at the ebay listing (look for 74 Blazer) - the guy wants $22k for it - but he has "6.2 Diesel" crossed out - on the front fenders

Such a waste of a good MV - if it ever was - while I applaud the work, the person who did the WORK does have some metal working skills for sure - but, TUBBING the rear wheels?

It's an MV, not a Corvette... Would you take a classic Vetter and paint it OD green and camo it?

Oh, wait, I'm ON AN MV SITE. Someone here probably would...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Tubbing the rear wheels to slam it that low had to happen. Vette wheels are wide! I've managed to stuff a set under the SS, but that's only because I'm not going to lower it.

CycleJay

Hi guys,
Those two pics are examples of what NOT to do to an MV. It is just that simple.

I belive in keeping vehicles stock, the way they were designed and intended use.

Just my $0.02 cents....

Seems like they just hack at both until it fit.. Would have been more challenging and looked atlot better if they intergrated the vette suspension on to the K-5 frame....and the corvette instrument cluster into the K5 dash while relocating the vette drivetrain in the k5 Stock postion....

but... each to his own.... a truck is still a truck.. as a vette is still a vette... I know.. as i have one of each.... just sayin.....2cents

next thing you know... someone will be puting a street bike motor in a samuri sukuki....

DANG iT!!! thats been done too....!

lol....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks