• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 dash lights not working

RedneckMilenko

Alright, I've had some issues with my dash lights since I bought this truck but now they don't work at all. My lights for my alternators and turn signals work but none of the others work. I pul the switch for my headlights and they come on, my running lights in the rear come on, and also the left turn signal indicator on the dash comes on and stays on till I use my signal and then it flashes as it's supposed to. I figured it was an issue with the old circiut tape on the back of my cluster. I bought a "new" cluster and still have he same issues. I checked all my fuses, they're all in good condition. My GEN 1 light is on and I have the new alternator on the way right now but I don't think that'd have anything to do with it, would it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

RedneckMilenko

Wiat, grouds at the turn signal sockets? I've never messed with circiut tape before now but what do you mean? When I think ground I think ground wire. Just take out the bolt, re-run with new wire, clean grounding surface, and be on your way, I'm not familiar with a different type of ground than that other than something grounding directly to whatever it is attached to.

cpf240

The tabs in the bulb sockets at the turn signals, not the blinker light in the dash, are prone to failure, resulting in odd turn signal behavior. As for the dash lights, I presume you've turned the headlight knob to make them full-bright?

RedneckMilenko

Yes, I have the knob turned to full bright. I even had some LED replacement bulbs in to see if they would work but no dice. So I put regular bulbs back in just in case I was able to fix it and the LED's were faulty.

alburms311

I agree with cpf240 regarding sockets. I had all kinds of gremlins with mine and it ended up being bulb sockets...replaced all of them in the front and rear, no more gremlins. They can be had at lmc.