• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Dashboard Replacement

24farragut

Has anyone replaced a dashboard in an M1009? My dash was hacked at and destroyed, and needs replacing. Anyone know where i can get one cheap, doesnt have to be perfect? Is a blazer dash identical?

68impalass

I think they are the same with the exception of ALT1 and ALT2 idiot lights, and don't forget the diesel fuel gauge, kind of rare on civilian vehicle. If I remember only 3% of all blazers made were diesels.

Mike_Pop

The dash is identical on all Blazers and Full Size Pickups. It's the instrument panel that is different.

mangus580

24farragut said:
Has anyone replaced a dashboard in an M1009? My dash was hacked at and destroyed, and needs replacing. Anyone know where i can get one cheap, doesnt have to be perfect? Is a blazer dash identical?
It depends on how destroyed is destroyed. If its the black piece that basically trim's the gauges and lights, its identical to any of the civvy diesel counter parts for trucks with idiot lights. A non-diesel will work but you will have to cut the hole for the wait/water in fuel light.

If you are talking about the cluster behind it (lime green color) then its a CUCV only setup.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: M1009 Dashboard Replacement

Be more specific as to what you're looking for. Posting a photo will help others help you.

HAWKMAN

M-1009 dash

If your talking about the steel shell that everthing bolts to, that's welded to the body under the bottom of the windshield but is bolted to the sides by the door post. If you think you need that steel shell I've got one for $10.00 plus shipping. thecpsurplus@yahoo.com :D

M1A96819

Original Color

I did a search on "CUCV Dashboard Color" and this thread popped up.

I guess I will resurrect this thread by staying in content and by asking this question:

What is the true or original color of the CUCV M1009 Blazers?

The reason for asking this question is that it is due to seeing both colors on the M1009 Blazers.

Red or Grey?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The official color is "BRONZE". There has been many posts about this.

You can order the exact color in SEM Vinyl dye. The military bought the grey color and installed it instead of dyeing them.

M1A96819

The official color is "BRONZE". There has been many posts about this.

You can order the exact color in SEM Vinyl dye. The military bought the grey color and installed it instead of dyeing them.
Does that "BRONZE" color go for the door panels too? or just the Dashboard?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks orange. Should be more dried blood red.

A user posted the paint code number for the SEM dye a couple of years ago.

I'll see if I can find it tomorrow.

edpdx

My dash was hosed too. I ordered a cheap dash mat to cover it up until I could find a suitable replacement at the wrecking yard. It took about ten days by mail. The same day it got here, I found a nice dash from this newly wrecked suburban at the Pick-n-Pull. I had been to the Auto paint shop to order the SEM Upholstery dye for the seats and bought a couple of spray cans of SEM Burgundy Dye and a vinyl prep from SEM as well. I scrubbed the Dash Pad, cut the hole for the heater mount and prepped the vinyl. When it was dry I applied many coats, LIGHT coats, so it would not run, of Burgundy dye on the pad. Nice! Even Finish and about matches the door panels. I am refinishing the door panels, the seat belt re-tractor covers and sleeves as well this spring. I cut a slit in the dash mat for the wiring of the solargizer and velcro on the back holds it to the carpet. I'll try and get a photo posted.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it year specific range or anything? I have 1986 M1009, do I have to get a replacement dash for/from a 1986 Blazer?
84 and 85 will work for sure. Mines an 87 and takes of course that series dash.

I have a new dash arriving Thursday from USA1 Industries.
OEM style.......steel frame, then foam, then vinyl.
In origional CUCV color.
Installing Saturday

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can use a 81-87 truck or a 81-91 Suburban/Blazer

Last edited: