• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 dimmer switch part no.?

mich

Someone posted the ACDelco part number for the dimmer switch but I'm having (big) trouble with the sites search function (too many hits, it ORs every search word), does someone has the link or the number?
Partnumber of a suitable foot switch would be fine too.

I've tried to repair the darn thing but it's partly molten, spindle was snapped.

Yeah I took the seat out to get under the dash to get it out.

Thanks.

Westech

CPL
its a civy part.. go to Autozone or where ever and buy one.+

Part Number: UDS438 steering column

Part Number: UDS419 Floor switch.

Last edited:

jimm1009

The dimmer action is part of the headlight switch as they are integral to each other. You need a new headlight switch assembly. Save the Knob with shaft though. There is a spring loaded button on the bottom that you must push in and hold while you pull the know out all the way and then it will be extracted from the switch. Keep the mounting nut too as neither of these come with the new switch assembly. Any mid '80s truck, suburban, jimmy, blazer, etc is all the same as the CUCV.
Any good quality auto parts store will have it but I personally would not buy electrical stuff from Autozone unless it was a name brand. They have a lot of good parts except when it come to electrical components.

jimm1009

mich

Thanks guys. On this side of the pond (Europe) I need the exact number to have a remote change the shop comes up with the right part.

I've been googling and the AC Delco ACD832 looks like the one I need but I'd rather be sure..

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can always get the GM part number from the free Technical manuals. Then cross reference the number if needed.

From the TM 8-2320-289-34P parts manual, Figure #49,Item #2, the GM parts number is GM 26019661

I don't know if you have NAPA stores in the Netherlands but the NAPA number is

ECH DS140

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

mich

Done

Got to it at last. Found a supplier, he had the Standard DS352 as a replacement dimmer switch. Got it in its place with some trouble finding the spot for the little top bolt. Should be fine for the next 25 years :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks