• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 dual shock mount

cucv1833

Just ordered Skyjackers dual front shock mount# DS250
. Any body every use this or installed one. Looks pretty straight forward.

I bought and installed a used 2.5" skyjacker lift from a guy that had dual front shocks. Ive had the lift for about a year now and still have the extra 2 front shocks so thats why I purchased this.

Attachments

auron

It is very strait forward I have dual shocks on my 88 suburban ant they look / work great even though I broke one of the shock mounts off the axle from being airborn one to many times

cucv1833

I dont want to hijack your thread but I would be curious to know how you happened to come across a use lift kit?

Well mine friend owns a offroad shop and I went to visit him and he had a 2.5" lift laying on the floor. It was only a few months old. The guy installed it then wanted bigger. So I got it for $300 installed 6-shocks front leafs and blocks, and hardware.

if your interested. i know of a used 4" kit in everett. guy i work with, he offered it to me but i already have a lift.
Thanks for the heads up but Im happy for now. I will install the dual shock mount with extra shocks for now. Then in the future I will Install the extra set of 1" zero rates to the front that I already have and remove the blocks in the rear and replace with 4" shackle flip and longer brake lines.

Last edited:

bshupe

oops that was for bshupe. Everett is a little south of mount vernon. Washington state that is.
Thanks Axeman! I am more than interested. Do you have any idea what exactly it is? If not, no sweat. Maybe PM me the contact information or I can forward mine to you and you can pass it along.

Thanks again! :grd: