• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 ECU conversion parts

ketekmelet

So there is this m1009 that I have my eye on. It has the 6.2l Detroit Diesel.

Im planning on converting the fuel system to injection so I can put ecu on it.

Has anyone ever done it?

What are the things that I need to change on this engine? And what are the parts like as far as costs...

I can probably get a buddy of mine to do the labor for few cases of beer....

Thanks all!!

Keith_J

Why? Are you expecting more power with electronic fuel injection control? This is an indirect injected engine, you don't have much more potential without increasing airflow through the engine. Too much fuel burns pistons and overheats the head.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ECUs are old school, BCMs are the future.

ketekmelet

sorry for not explaining the reasoning behind it in my first post...

and thanks for all the feedback so far. (in my defense, i never said it was a good idea :mrgreen:).

so anyway.... the plan was to get a multiple setting or i think what they called a dual channel ecu. i need one setting where i can save the earth by not burning as much gas, and another setting for the occasional mudding trips.

does this make sense? is there any other solution for this?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sorry for not explaining the reasoning behind it in my first post...

and thanks for all the feedback so far. (in my defense, i never said it was a good idea :mrgreen:).

so anyway.... the plan was to get a multiple setting or i think what they called a dual channel ecu. i need one setting where i can save the earth by not burning as much gas, and another setting for the occasional mudding trips.

does this make sense? is there any other solution for this?
6.2's don't burn any gas.:roll:
Edit; The capitol button is on the left of the keyboard.

Last edited:

Keith_J

Still perplexing. You want economy yet ability to fling mud long distances? Aside from tractor pulls or mud runs, off road ability is by STATIC friction. Not dynamic mud slinging. Rock crawls are a prime example, once rubber spins on rock, it LOSES traction. This is why vehicles fishtail, once forward traction is lost, lateral traction is ALSO lost.

Kids..

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"i never said it was a good idea :mrgreen:).

does this make sense? is there any other solution for this?[/QUOTE]

Hellooooo........ anybody in there? You gonna save the earth by burning a little gas in your 6.2 diesel?

It is NOT a good idea.

You are NOT going to save the earth.

It does NOT make sense.

My heavens, man, what are you drinking (or smoking)?

It sounds like you need a good used CJ-5 with a set of headers and some Super Swampers.

Good night ladies.

Attachments

rhinob

Of course in the event of a Carrington event or EMP, your CUCV will be useless. The current CUCV 6.2 setup will most likely only have the glow plug controller fail, and I have an extra in my Faraday 'cage.'

Iceman3005

I took the PCM and ECM out of my 2002 dodge cummins and stacked an edge juice w/attitude on top of a diablo for my 6.2 diesel and had 800 h.p. on straight gas!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone use the Apple iTunes ECU performance tune app on their HUMANCENTiPad?

Is it just plug and play with the STE/ICE port?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks