• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Electrical - Ignition switch and accesories

BIG_RED

Hey Guys,
So, I've had my truck a while.. close to a year. And I'm starting to miss a few things.. like a radio, interior lights, a buzzer for the head lights to tell me not to leave them on, etc. Will post all things learned the hard way for your enjoyment ;-)

I'm fairly electrically handy, and the wiring diagrams and all for these trucks are GREAT. But this has got me stumped..

Where is the accessory terminal on the ignition switch? Do these things even have one? I don't even think my key turns backwards, now that I think of it..

If I can't use that terminal - what else could I do to key-switch my radio? Think I could relay-up something that doesn't put power to Alternators, glow plugs and the fuel solenoid until the key gets to "start", and then keeps everything on after it's started?

I'd just put a switch on the dash marked "Electrical Crap".. but I'm thinkin my buddies borrowing the thing *cough cough (my lady) cough* might not remember to turn off the radio when they park it. What do you guys think?

jumpmasterjim

I wired my radio into one of the auxillay slots on the fuse panel. I took a multimeter and tested them with the key off and on til I found one.

lavarok

I've used ignition spades on the fuse box and switches (not together but for separate instances). I think I prefer the switched power for a radio so you can have it on without the truck running and without burning up the glow plugs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks