• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Engine RPM

AECS

I have a 1985 M1009, approximately 50,000 miles on it. It starts easy, and runs great. Problem is, when started cold, it fires right up and the cold advance/fast idle seem to work great, abut 2 minutes into the warm up, the RPM start to climb slowly, until it is racing pretty good. Once it warms up a minute or two later the fast idle shuts down, RPM drop to normal and all is well.

I have not done any IP or injector work.

cucvrus

I just had a friends doing the same thing. I removed the fast idle solenoid and blew it out and sprayed some lube on it. It seems to be working fine now. Or should I say I have not heard back from him since about the issue. I see him often and he says nothing about it. When I ask 2 weeks after fixing it he said it was fine. So I left it at that. Good Luck I hope that helps you out. I seen you ask and didn't want to let you hanging with out an answer. I thought someone else would chime in. Have a nice day.