• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 engine temp and fuel heater

boomer431

I just installed a mechanical temp gauge on my cucv and was wondering what kind of temp I should be expecting. Also I am getting ready to swap out the fuel filter housing for a spin on and was wondering what the purpose of the fuel heater is for.

ctmustang

Engine temp. should be anywhere from 40f-whatever it takes to melt the engine block. The fuel heater I believe is for heating the fuel or something like that. Naw just kidding Boomer. Maybe someone will chime in here with some serious answers.
Later Dude.:driver:nopics:deadhorse::nothingfunny::beer:

jimmy-90

The fuel heater keeps the fuel warm so that it will flow through the filter without fouling it with wax crystals. I just had a heck of a time wireing the fuel heater in on my racor spin on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks