• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 engine to civilian truck

86cucv

I have a 1986 m1009 that got totaled out. the motor is still good and i was wanting to know what all i need to take off the engine to make it work in my 1986 3/4 gmc that has a blown 6.2 civilian diesel in it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only significant differences are the alts and mounts. Basic long block is the same. Depending on what tranny you have, may need a TPS on the IP but you should have that on the blown engine.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even better. You will need to add the pilot bearing to the crank shaft for your SM465 but you should have everything you need between both trucks.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm alway looking for CUCV parts. And I'm just down the road... :wink:

If you need help with the swap let me know.

86cucv

Motor swap is done and driving, but The Transfer case on my civ truck makes alot of noise when driving. Does anybody know if the transfer cases are the same from the automatic to the stick shift?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks