• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Exhaust

True Knight

Could any of you guys take a video of your exhaust to see how it sounds? Trying to decide what i should go with?

Thanks
I can't find the videos I took of just the exhaust when I first put it on, must've been on my old camera. But I have some videos on youtube that you can hear the exhaust pretty good.

Here is a link to the video you can probably hear the best.

tankie88

I had a complete stainless steel system made 6 years ago using the original system as a pattern.With flowmaster mufflers.Not had one prob yet.Quiet on tick over and cracks off nice when putting your foot down.:whistle:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Flowmasters 40's are simply a straight flow through muffler

There are generic mufflers that cost WAY less than the Flowmasters and sound just as good

I have them on my Suburban, M1028A2 and my M1009

Plus, you could replace the 1 7/8 inch pipe with either 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 inch pipe and will increase your flow OUT.

Then add a K&N filter and it will have better get up and go.

Anubis8472

Never been a fan of flowmasters.
To much 'new age' and not enough 'hot rod' to them.
The low end has a fake sound to it. It changes the tone to much.
The sound should come from the engine, not the mufflers.

But then, I prefer open headers on everything.
I want my mufflers to take it down a notch so I don't have to personaly meet all the officers of the local PD. The last thing I want them to do is change the sound. Unfortunately these days the 'new cool' is that fake echoing sound that flowmaster champions. I think it sounds like a fart in a tunnel.

That said, I don't have experience with these 6.2's, so I'm going to have to experiment likely this fall as one of my factory cans is rusted through and making a 'knocking' noise.

Step one will be straight pipes.
Step two will be glasspacks.
Step three will be gutted mufflers.
Then I'll go from there.

I would like to do a new system on my 09 also. But im looking for less noise and more performance than stock. Any suggestions?

I think just about anything is better flowing than stock. If you take a CUCV muffler off you'll see what I mean. It's like a 30x12" concrete block. I don't think any exhaust will really gain much performance on a 6.2 though, just a little more responsive, maybe a little better fuel economy.

I think just about anything is better flowing than stock. If you take a CUCV muffler off you'll see what I mean. It's like a 30x12" concrete block. I don't think any exhaust will really gain much performance on a 6.2 though, just a little more responsive, maybe a little better fuel economy.
Got it. Yeah not looking to get much more performance from it, just breath better. while still taking down the sound a bit. Kinda like what I think a good balance of what it should have come with as a military vic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks