• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Factory Console Restore

Wagner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up a factory K5 Blazer Console at a swap meet that needs some restoration work. I would like to remove the factory lock and get it keyed for the doors, etc. Does any no how to remove the lock? The console has some small cracking in back I would like to fill before respraying it ....any thoughts on what I should use for filler?

camogriz

If there is no obvious retainer clip or nut or screwed in plate on the rear of the lock cylinder, it may require the actual key. Sometimes the key is necessary to spin the actual cylinder past a locking point in the cylinder bore to facilitate it's removal. As far as the cracks, they make two-part epoxy type filler material that is very strong and can then be sanded, primed and painted. The epoxy can be found at auto body supply stores and I suggest a locksmith or an auto body shop to assist with the lock cylinder if you are unable to get it out. They come out pretty easy if you have done it before.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks