• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Featured in Four Wheeler in 2006

there was a feature a few months ago in either FourWheeler or 4Wheel and Offroad of a nice modded M1009 out of SoCal... when i saw it, i was surprised to see a custom front bumper that was almost identical to the idea i had had in my head for awhile for my M1010. it still featured the Mil-Spec grilleguard built into it... main difference between that and the bumper i want to build is that the grilleguard was welded on, whereas i want mine to mount similarly to the stock way... but it was a nice, well thought out build, with d60/14bolt out of a cucv and alot of other good stuff...

KsM715

Military spec blazers are extremely rare?roflEven in 2006 when this was written I think that was a little far fetched.

DokWatson

YEP, another one sacrificed to the off road gods... "it's just an old piece of Army krap, why NOT cut it up?"
Yep, it sure is chopped up. Thats why it works so well. All the cutting, breaking off useless stuff, no mechanical knowledge whatsoever all makes a good trail rig ;)

Another pavement princess lost to the ignorant.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, but, but...

It gave him an excuse to throw away a ton of cash.

and it looks so kewl

well, at least to him and the EDITORS OF FOUR WHEELER. Shows how the public views our hobby.

Sad really. At least the editor from Diesel Power is an MV guy...

QuickSilver

What's the point of owning one of these if not to take them off road? If all I want to do is cruise around on pavement, that's what cars are for.