• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 flicker

PAm1009

I've had my 1009 for about two years now no compliants at all truck is very solid. I searched the page on gen2 flickering and looked in some of the common places where the problem might be. Heres my problem fired the truck this morning like every other tapped the throttle gen2 light goes out as should went back inside to let her warm up. I come back out side to leave and notice the gen2 is flickering brightly and then going off for a little and so on. My belts are tight connections are tight it just gets me that the volt meter is where it needs to be in the white hash mark and the lights and heater work as should. At accelaration the light does go out.. thanks i know this is a common problem/post hate to bring it up but thank you for your guys help.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is your high idle solenoid functioning?

If it goes out above idle(650ish rpm), it probably is OK.

I personally would just rebuild it, cheap and easy and then you'll be good for a decade or so.

PAm1009

so my gen2 stopped flickering for a lilttle bit after i posted this thread..And now is back i know DH said rebuild it but i got the alt tested at my mechanic and it is charging fine and doing what a alternator is supposed to do i saw the meter and he was correct. Ths sunday i put a new exciter plug on maybe thinking bad connection didnt correct it. Any thoughts on why it still charges and my light flickers..diode trio etc? Truck has been great for me for 2 years no major problems. thanks much
kyle

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The diode trio, the voltage regulator and the rectifier are the only parts that usually go bad.

Most of the time it is the diode trio. For $5 you can replace it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks