• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 floor finished! Bout damm time...

linx310

Well I got the bed liner down on M1009 today. What a relief this is.

The floor of my M1009 has been a major goal for the past month and half.

I spent probably 6 hours on the prep work cleaning the floor and sanding sections of it down.
I followed the herculiner directions and bought 2 gallons of it. I only used 1 gallon and half. If I had more time I would have used the full 2 gallons.

I did not cover up the bed sides of my M1009 because I like the way it looks. So I did a free hand job of painting it around the wheel hubs.

Below are pictures of the final result along with some pictures of what the floor looked like when I started.

Attachments

rnd-motorsports

Looks good! I would like to do the inside of my 1028 the same way Im lucky and got a rust free arizona truck have replaced all window rubber and tracks but not any floor mat thinking about what you did! looks good![thumbzup]

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you search for all of the op's threads, you'll find 6 other threads that cover this whole floor repair.

In the future, please simply update/continue your original thread. Posting multiple threads on one project just spreads the info around.

When reading this New thread, we have no idea what it took to cut and weld in patch panels, and use seam sealer, etc... that you posted about in the previous threads.

DrJekl

I put a POR-15 kit in mine and it turned out real well.. POR-15 paint as a base coat, self etching primer on top then the bed liner kit. It sprays on nice.