• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Floor Mat

rod

I'm redoing the M1009 Blazer and need to replace the black rubber floormat. Does anybody know where I can get a new mat that is fitted for the blazer floorboards?

LMC has a mat but it is not quite what I'm looking for since I believe it does not cover the area immediately behind the front seats.

Thanks

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Rod,
I got one for my '84 from the dealer. That was in 1996 though so I don't know if they still sell them. It was very heavy rubber with all the humps molded in and the bolt holes stamped for easy cutting.

ida34

The last time I tried to get anything for the interior of my Cucv from the dealer they said just about everything is no longer stocked or ordered.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, crap, that's kinda what I figured. If you know your parts man, he may be willing to do a warehouse search for you and turn up one collecting dust somewhere.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JC whitney. They have all kinds of stuff for them...civy stuff though.

ida34

One dealership I went to could not even cut keys for me because they did not carry the b blank key anymore.

dilvoy

I recently bought a floor mat for my Blazer from LMC Truck and it fit really well. Way better than the JC Whitney mat that I used a couple of years ago. Neither have the original textured pattern that the originals have though and they are suprisingly expensive. If you've never installed a mat, take your time and trim a little off at a time and sneek up on the fitment. Once you cut too far it's too late. That floor mat is a lot easier to work with in the warmer temps.

I've been looking at all the options for replacing the floormat in my 1009, since it has started to crack on the drivers side. Getting a new rubber mat that fits seems to be tough, at least in my neck of the woods. JC Whitney sells one that might fit with work, so does one of the offroad shops "locally" (hour drive away).

One of the mechanics here in town suggested replacing it with outdoor-grade carpeting - synthetic, so it won't absorb and trap water.

Perhaps the best option that has been suggested to me is replicating what the Army eventually did, which is removing the rubber entirely, prepping the metal surface, and painting it with nonskid flooring compund. I think there's a PS Magazine article about it.

In my case, I'd be taking out the seats, pulling up all the rubber, moving any wires that might be in the way, sanding and removing rust, and having a local shop put down truck bed liner. I know that's what I'll do to the cargo area, and I'm debating doing it to the passenger area too.

hypgnostic

I'm in the process of gutting the interior of my M1028. I've managed to find and order OEM parts for everything, except for the rubber mat, so I feel your pain. I was looking at one on JC Whitney, but I'm hesitant to buy something I'm not sure will fit. I'm living at GTMO in Cuba, so getting things on and off the island is cumbersome and expensive. I think I may go for the non-skid spray. All my HMMWV's in the Army had it, and it worked out pretty good...

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A guy here at work has a 74 blazer, he had the whole interior floor, including the bed, up to the rails, Line-x ed. looks good!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I strive to keep my trucks mil-spec. I own three Blazers currently, and have owned a couple previously. All of the trucks that I've owned with floor mats had floor rust...some all the way through. Personally, while I prefer the look of the mats over the bare floor, I would never put one back in. In fact, I've actually removed a couple. My reco: have the floor rhino-lined as one of the other posters suggested. I know this does not help you in your quest, but, unless you live in a very arrid area, or keep your truck garaged all the time, you will be trapping moisture between the mat and the metal floor which can't be good. It is inevitable given that these trucks leak a little bit (at least mine do!) and, even if they don't, you will be bringing water in with your shoes when it rains or snows. I've actually gotten a couple of trucks where the NG removed the mats for this very reason so I'd say a metal floor is mil-spec, too.

Good luck!