• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Flooring

dc_cucv

My long term goal will be to spray the entire interior of my 1009 with Lizardskin sound deadener, then follow that with a coat of the ceramic thermal barrier.
Since it's already too cold for me to spray those liners, I'd like a short term solution in terms of flooring. Winter is coming and wet feet on bare metal will not be ok with me (already have a few rusts spots in the sill plate area).

Does anyone have any experience with this from LMC in their 1009?
Should/does it fit the contours of the floor exactly? For over 200 bucks for the front only, I'd rather hear from someone who's used one before before going for it.
38-2869

Are there any other options in terms of floor mats that would fit as well? Would stock 84 K5 Blazer mats fit the footwell in a M1009?

Thanks!!

nyoffroad

I used a couple of one piece rubber like mats from LMC, not sure if it's the same as what you are talking about. I used them in pick ups and they fit very well, a little funky at the front of the tranny hump. I did have to cut a hole for a transmission shifter, I don't remember about the T-case, both that I used went from side to side and held down by the plastic pieces that don't come on CUCV's but can also be ordered or gotten at any junk yard.

cucvrus

1664710165209.png
It has been my experience that anything you put on / over the steel floor of an older vehicle that is exposed to weather and driven in in climate weather has a corrosive effect to the floor. The fine abrasive particles that are trapped between the rubber mat and the floor are grinding away every time you move your feet. The floor remains wet 24/7 and the rust never sleeps. I have opted to paint and apply several heavy coats of paint. And I have opted to have the floors LineXed on a few units. Line Xed is once and done. I also opted the spray in brush in type DIY liners and failed within a year or 2. Ask me how hard that is to correct. Massive fail and rusted worse than any other method. Good Luck. These are not quiet vehicles and I live with that. I even remove the firewall insulation so my inside stays dry and free of moisture. 1664710567253.png
I would wash it out with a hose and drove it year-round.

dc_cucv

Well I definitely plan on getting the back LineX'd, however I may also end up coating LineX over the Lizardskin ceramic stuff that's supposed to work pretty well. I missed the window for getting the sprays on before the temps dropped here, so basically i just want a temporary solution til the spring time when i can get the stuff sprayed and cured properly. I feel comfortable spraying the Lizardskin with my own compressor and gun, but i will have the LineX done professionally.

So I guess having the undercarriage gone thru, cleaned up and sprayed professionally is probably a good idea too. If I lived out west in NV, AZ, CA, NM ,etc I would worry about it, but here in the mid Atlanti you have to or you'll rust out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks