• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 frame off restore and modification

bl71236

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The firewall has all the "extra" holes that have been added over the years plugged. I plan on installing nut plates in lieu of sheet metal screws and clip nuts. Somewhere along the line it had the M1008/M1009 air conditioner installed and had multiple large holes cut in the firewall for the hoses. several of witch were not used.

Attachments

1love

Wish I welded mine up before it got blasted and expoy coated =[ . Then again this is my very first restoration so it's a learning lesson.

PHOENIX-GER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We gone in the last 18 months through a lot of learning process in our restoration and changed also the route during this process. Specially as we had problems to got our desired modifications here (Germany) roadlicenced.

Finally it will be at the end 100% stock oldtimer restoration - roll out renewd. The mods on him just for our desires are all reversible by hold the original parts in stock. Thats here important to have the highest oldtimer value. It take a lot of time and money to finished this route but finally it will be a future investment. The investment will be pay back if more and more CUCV in original condition disappear on the market.

For our fun have we the second Truck (2007 Sierra 2500 HD LBZ) in our shop for rebuild. No restriction about oldtimer classifications ... only about the roadlicencing laws. Nevertheless these are hard enough to fullfill for non stock modifications. I love challenges. 😂

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks