• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009- from forgotten to restored, my story

KansasBobcat

At this point it's staying solid green, I don't trust myself trying to paint camo lol
The green looks great. If I can do camo you can! The hardest part is marking the lines with chalk if your truck is not already camo. The camo pattern is very forgiving if you need to adjust the lines. I used RAPCO cans and they work fine if you keep shaking them.

llong66

Hello! What a great save and good work! Congrats!! I have a question on the line-x, what do ppl think of the stuff you can get and do yourself with a brush or roller? On my budget, Line-x is just not gona happen. I am lucky in that my M1008 was rust free other than a lil on the cab corners. I bought one of the whole floor mat deals from LMC for pickups, didnt install the jute part of it and pulled it out this spring just to check, all is fine so far, but I want to keep it that way! The "floor mat" I got goes about half way up the fire wall, tucks in under the screw on "covers" that go on top of the rockers so I sealed the hole left from Uncle Sams anti theft chain so no water getting in there. But, back to my main question, what do ppl think of the self applied Line-x type material that you brush or role on...is it worth the $$ and time?

Thanks,
Greg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks