• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 from Moscow, Russia

Panz

Hello folks!
I proudly present to you my M1009, one of a few left in Russia.
First of all, I'm a huge US car fan, and my 09 is the best car I've ever owned/driven in my life. It's in a pretty good shape, thanks to the previous owners. And it's a VERY rare car for Russia.
Secondly, I'd like to thank each and every american soul for giving me the opportunity to own such a great truck. And my special thanks to the staff of US Embassy in Moscow, who didn't let this truck vanish. It served proudly for quite a long time and then was sold to the general public (i'm the second owner).
Now for the 09 itself, I found a few photos over the web (I'm no photographer myself, so I'm fine with other people doing this job:)
k5filipoff.jpg

6d9c5e024de8.jpg

25082011286.jpg
As you can see, I had it painted, found some accessories like antenna mounts (brush guards are on the way), bridge weight plate and shackles, and now I try to show this truck to our folks on every car festival there is.

I'm currently in a seach of a proper antenna base (2 pcs) with or without the mast (as you can see, I've got two Firestik antennas for my CB, but this setup is to change).

jw4x4

Excellent, Panz!!!! Keep up the good work. Welcome to Steel Soldiers. Enjoy the pictures and the wealth of information available here.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the website. Nice looking truck. I wish we could help on the antenna but that would probably be a issue for getting an export approval to ship one and the cost in shipping such a long box.....

I can't express my appreciation for obtaining and maintaining this piece of American military history.

Thanks.

Panz

Thanks for the replies! I'll add more photos and maybe even make a video for you.
Again, thats an honor for me to own not just a piece of American history, but a great car. The one they won't be producing anytime soon. The real one :)

Panz

Welcome aboard! Gotta love the M1009~ Hmmmm, what does a Kraz 255b go for? Wanna trade?:!: LOL
God bless,
Tony;-)
KRAZ 255 is a really nice looking truck, no wonder as it was copied from Autocar:) Price range for those would be 5000 to 10000 USD. And many of them are still working, moving earth, wood etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks