• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 front axle ?

PAm1009

just got a 1009 not too long ago amd was wondering what kind of front diff the m1009s came with. i know the 1008s are dana 60 didnt know if that applied to the 1009 too.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both are GM Corp common in that config and same as civ K5 Blazer Front is Open Diff rear ia Pos track.
it was equip with 3/4 ton springs.

91W350

Can we just pull the carrier out of a rear differential and put it in the front to get true four wheel drive? If your rear axle does not act like it is pulling with both tires, sometimes a quick tap of the brakes under load will kick the locker into driving both rear tires. They are not nearly as good about locking up as the Detroits are. Glen

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GM Corporate 10-bolt (8.5-in. 1.28 Axle Dia. 30 Spline
The front and Rear will inner change with each other.

Last edited:

91W350

Thanks, I know where there are three M1009s with no front axles headed for the crusher, the rear axles are still there. Maybe I can talk him out of some parts. Very tough guy to buy from though. Glen

crasheej

Don't you just l--e those guys . I got it and I'm not going to help even if i could. But maybe i might but I'm going to restore it one of these days. Then you hear that it all went to the scraper.

91W350

All that stuff is gone, the doors are gone, tailgates are gone, engines are gone, transmissions are gone. There is a shattered transfer case. Rifle racks are gone, some have wheels, but they have been sitting on the ground. The fuel filters and bases have been removed, the beds are full of scrap metal. They are crusher fodder, but the rear axles are still there. At least they were. Glen

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Thanks, I know where there are three M1009s with no front axles headed for the crusher, the rear axles are still there. Maybe I can talk him out of some parts. Very tough guy to buy from though. Glen

omg i wish i had the money i could use a rear axle i think mine is bent but i don't know. never had a axle like this befor it looks funney it might not .

harbordr

All that stuff is gone, the doors are gone, tailgates are gone, engines are gone, transmissions are gone. There is a shattered transfer case. Rifle racks are gone, some have wheels, but they have been sitting on the ground. The fuel filters and bases have been removed, the beds are full of scrap metal. They are crusher fodder, but the rear axles are still there. At least they were. Glen
PM sent, If you deal with this guy, I want in.

NICK_M1009

If you take the carrier out of the back and put it in the front you will have to re-set your ring, pinion. No big deal just time consuming. I thought about true 4wheel for my blaze-o and my idea was to put a spool in the front. Lock one hub for 3wheel drive, and when needed lock the other hub in the mud and what-not for both front tires to turn. I havent done it but only lacking 90 dollars for the part...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks