• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 front spring specs?

Berk

After a brief search I am unable to find The spring info I would like. Mine had been replaced and now I seek a 56" replacement but want to see some numbers for stock M1009 fronts so I can select the right donor with springs I feel will suit me use.

Front M1009 spring:
Leaves, 4 (3/1) correct
Width, 2 1/2
Pack thickness, Does anyone have this number? with and without the short bottom overload spring.
Spring capacity, Like to know to reference replacement spring.

Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe the oem part number would help?

It's in the parts TM.

Berk

The part number is 460354 replaced by 15538385. I am still unable to find the information I seek.
I see eye to eye, eye to pin front and rear, width, 2.75", and number of leafs. I still can not find spring rate or spring pack thickness. I have found some aftermarket replacement specs but they don't necessarily coincide with OEM specs.
Thanks for the reply.

Berk

I there anyone in SS world that could kindly measure their spring pack thickness front and rear and spring counts on their stock M1009 next time your next to your rig.
Thanks.

sreidmx

Good luck with this the stock front springs are the heaviest offering from GM for this era, you are probably closest with a 1 or 3/4 ton rear spring. It's still going to be a loosey goose yup front. I have done this and if it's street driven you may not like the results.
Rear springs are not built with the same progression as fronts, ex the fronts are like a linear rate as they compress and the rears are not because you have 3-4 compressible inches and it gets stiffer later which causes that loose feel. If you are after all out articulation do it. If you want a better ride buy a set of custom or pm me and I'll try and guide you down a path. Good luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks