• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 fuel guage suddenly not working wile driving

RedneckMilenko

Alright, I just had to disconnect my idle solenoid yesterday due to the fact it wasn't letting my engine idel down after acceleration and now today on my way home from work I was reading half on my fuel guage then it dropped below zero. I have a big trip to spring river planned for this weekend to celebrate my 21st and only have the 09 to drive being as my dodge is in the body shop (deer + front end = insurance not happy with me) I'd love to make it there without running my rails dry so any input would be great. Thank you for your time.

Mike68

Im no Expert!! Remember that when I tell you this. The manual says when it goes to a fourth tank or below its the gauge or power to the gauge. You may have knocked something loose to the gauge, that would be the first thing I would check. I just fixed mine last month, it was staying at a fourth tank. My mechanic, like I said Im not one replaced the sending unit in the tank and it didnt fix the problem. I got a manual and we read that so I ordered a new gauge and had to get it from Ca., but anyway that fixed it. It works great now. I got the gauge off ebay. I dont remember the # I called but I typed in fuel gauge for 1986 diesel Chevy Blazer. You do have to put the diesel in there or you wont find the right one. I didnt bid on it, I scrolled down and the auction had a contact # so I called it and just ordered one. I hope this helps. If you have to make the trip, you could do like I did till I got it fixed and watch how many miles you have driven. I would fill up about every 200 miles. Mine is my daily driver also.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, the TM has a great step-by-step on troubleshooting the fuel guage.

If you can't fix it by the trip, just use your basic math skills to calculate how far you drive and just top of the tank on a regular basis. Pain in the rear time wise, but alot easier than running out of fuel and having to bleed the system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks