• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Fuel line issues

cdnm1009

I couple months ago I was driving my trusty M1009 home with a full tank of diesel from a friends house in the boonies. About 20 miles from home the truck stalled out and the gas gauge read empty. After getting out of the truck I found the engine compartment and the entire passenger side was soaked with fuel. After a bit of investigation and a jerry can of fuel later I found the rigid fuel line that runs from the fuel pump to the filter was kinked and pissing fuel.

I discovered the fuel pump was loose which must of caused the line to weaken over time. I have tried buying a replacement hard line, however the bend off the fuel pump is a 90 and I have kinked 2 lines trying to make it. I was hoping to get a 90 degree elbow and then running a rubber line up to the top of the engine and then cut the old line and flare it. However I am worried that there will be a problem using a rubber line so close to the engine. Has anyone replaced any of these lines before, and if so has anyone used rubber hose so close to the engine.

Since the first 90 is so close to the end of the line it always kinks. I have no issues bending the top of a new line, however when you get close to the end it always seems to kink.

20141020_000842.jpg
20141020_000852.jpg

I hope the picture makes sense. Any advice would be great, thanks.

Last edited:

Al Harvey

You should be fine with a rubber line as long as it's secure and not going to be hitting any moving parts. The lines from the fuel filter to the engine are rubber.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks