• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Fuel Sending Unit Parts

JonELucas

The Fuel Sending Unit in my M1009 has gone bad. I did all the appropriate troubleshooting per the TM to determine that the Sending Unit is bad. I have been looking through manuals, forum posts, and parts stores and haven't found the appropriate parts. The 1009 Requires a 4 outlet Diesel Sending Unit.

Has anyone found a 4 Outlet Diesel Fuel Sending Unit that has a part number that I would be able to order? I would like to replace the tank with the 31 Gal, but at this point I'd be fine with something more standard.

JonELucas

They do not list a 4 outlet for Diesel. Did you go with a 3 Outlet? Or a Gasoline Sending Unit?

My understanding of how sending units work is that it reads the resistance of the fuel (gas and diesel apparently have different resistance)

cucvrus

You only need a sending unit for the 28-gallon fuel tank diesel 1984 model. No 4 lines are available anymore. Use the sending unit they list for a civilian model. Check out my Wild Weasel build thread I just had the sending unit out and showed how I tested it manually. The 4-line sending unit was the one that had an auxiliary port tapped to the tank for using it to pull fuel from the right rear wheel opening. It had a capped port there. Good Luck.

Last edited: