• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 fuel vent help

Cleptomaniac

Ok guys I have ordered 2 sending units for my 1009 and they havent had a vent on them! What I was wondering is if I cap the vent hose off and drill a small hole in the fuel cap (that is how the civi ones work) if it would work?

Thanks
Danny

blackhueys

actually the arctic heaters get there fuel supply from the area up front near the firewall if you turn your front tires all the way left like taking a left turn then lift the rubber inner flap on the right side look under it and you will see the fuel line with a t fitting this is where the heaters connect to. I tried this and eventually went to kero for my heaters as The diesel kept plugging my filters up and smoked alot. Not sure if today's diesel has more additives or what but have not touched the filters at all yet running kero.

Cleptomaniac

Thanks for the info!
I live in Oklahoma and it gets cold here but not too long. So I don't think I'll be using a attic heater!
The cold and snow are fun for a short time and then they need to go away!!!

tequilaiam

So where does the cucv vent the fuel system to the atmosphere? After my '09 cools down the fuel tank draws a vacuum and pulls some fuel from the filter. So there's obviously a pin-hole leak somewhere BUT should I hear a sucking sound when the fuel filler cap is loosened? What keeps this thing from imploding its own fuel tank as its drawn down? Should there be a hole in the cap?

Hasdrubal

If your "fuel tank draws a vacuum and pulls some fuel from the filter". Your cap is defective, replace it or do what I did and drill a tiny hole through it. Sounds like you also need to replace your fuel filter base.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks