• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 gen 1 light flashing

001CUCV

Sorry if the answer is already on here, tried to search but Only found gen 2 stuff. So about a week about I started my CUCV and begin to drive, and my gen 1 light started flashing. When I hit the brakes it's stops flashing. If i let off brake it starts to flash again. When I put it in park it's stops flashing about half of the time. So what is wrong with my it? Any help appreciated

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First thing you should do is make sure your batteries are fully charged and load tested. Never start troubleshooting the elctrical system until this is done. Don't assume. Check it.

Then you need to check the output of the GEN1 (drivers side)

More than likely it is time for a rebuild.

CUCVElectric.com has the best price on rebuild kits.

001CUCV

Thanks warthog. Now my question is, how do I check the batteries? I dont own any type of tester. Just a volt tester will work? I am good with mechanical just pretty clueless when it comes to electrical.

cpf240

You'll need a load tester, which can be found at places like Harbor Freight, or you can take the batteries into your local auto parts store, as many of them offer free load testing of batteries. While you are at it, many auto parts stores can also test the alternator.

1stSarge

You'll need a load tester, which can be found at places like Harbor Freight, or you can take the batteries into your local auto parts store, as many of them offer free load testing of batteries. While you are at it, many auto parts stores can also test the alternator.
Thanks Joe

As inexpensive as they are, I think everyone into MV’s should have a load tester. But I would take it somewhere if I was in doubt.

If you do take the alternator to the parts store for testing, make sure they know it is an isolated ground. Meaning that they need to put the negative clamp on the negative stud, not the alternator case as they customarily do.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks warthog. Now my question is, how do I check the batteries? I dont own any type of tester. Just a volt tester will work? I am good with mechanical just pretty clueless when it comes to electrical.

While it isn't the best. HF has a 100amp load tester for $25. For what we do with them and since we won't use it to make a living it is an okay unit. They also have a 500amp unit for $70. I have the $25 unit and use it monthly for all the MV batteries I have.

If you really want to spend some money then a 500amp commercial unit from Snap-On is one of the best.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks