• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Gen 2 Alternator - for a 1985.

CycleJay

Hi guys,

Where would I find a Gen 2 alternator in the Atlanta, Ga area?

Or would it be cheaper to have it rebuilt instead of buying a rebuilt/remanufactured/refurbished one?

And if I do get another one, is there anything special I need to tell the parts guys, so I can be sure to get the correct one?

Also, what would be fair prices for any of this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

CJ

CycleJay

Hello Buzz,

Thanks for the info. Did you have to buy a Gen 1 or 2?
And are Gen 1 & 2 the same, or are they different from each other?

Also, if you do not mind me asking, if you did get a Gen 2, whats the part #
and how much did you pay for it?

And how much was the rebuild kit?

I would like to replace both alternators at the same time or close if my budget permits.
So that way it will be a good improvement to keep my M1009 running.

Thank you, good night,

CJ

islandguydon

Take off your bad one. Take it to the rebuild shop. Write your name on it with a sharpie, The re-builder will know its yours. They replace the same inner guts they remove. They are all different. I watched this process a few months ago. Kinda cool watching a alternator being rebuilt.

Thats my 2 cents...

Buzz

both are the same, I also found this in my search eastern surplus has them that are new for 275.00

the rebuild kit is around 40 bucks

jeeplvr247

Both alternators are the same and they are both isolated ground but only #2 needs to be an isolated ground. You can swap #2 with #1 then just buy a regular 100 amp one out of an old cadillac for #1. There are a few threads that talk about and have links to specific parts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks