• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 glow plug card

irishvin

Ok guys I know its gotra be asked before but im gonna shoot. .... my M1009 is 12 volt set up for gps and uses the gp card (it has no resistor bank on the fire wall other wise I do normal 24 volt) its been working perfectly fine now my m1008 has a push button the former owner put in can I just put a gp card in and have it work normal just wondering bc I really hate this push button ****

thanks vin

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, if the rest of the system is stock and in good condition.

I would confirm you have the correct relay and the previous owner simply added the push button to the blue wire at the relay, and it simply grounds the relay to activate it.

irishvin

Thats exactly what he did ligyt blue to button and grounded and rest of gp system is exactly like the one in my M1009 I just wanted to double check before frying suming thanks

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before you install a new card you might want to test the GP wiring. The TM 9-2320-289-20 tech manual, Chapter 2-15 of the electrical trouble shooting section has the instructions.