• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Glow plug override switch

xenocath

searching.............
i installed the push button as a redundancy thing in case the card failed,of course it eventually did and in absolutely the worse circumstances so i was extremely glad i had the back up

gvaneck

I need some advice I installed the manual switch and I can hear the relay click but the wait light doesn't work with the manual switch but works with the controller card. I know that the relay is clicking but it sort of just bugs me that the wait light doesnt come on and if any of u had advice it would be appreciated.

Brad M

Wait light is a function of the card. Adding the switch does not bring on the wait light. It just gives you a backup if the card dies.

OK, work with me here. I think I figured out my problem, thanks to extensive searching on the old site.

What I did was what I thought I was doing which was to "tap into the light blue wire" on the harness and wire to a momentary ON switch, the other side of switch to ground.

I did that. What I did exactly was splice a wire into the light blue wire going into the card harness, which I wired to the switch, other side to good ground.

After re-re-re-reading the threads, it seems like I should have spliced into the light blue wire and then pulled the light blue wire from the harness. Correct? As it is now, there are 2 wires going into the harness.

Tell me I'm sane here.

My goal is to utilize the relay, the wait light, and the card, but have manual control of the glow plugs firing.

As a general matter, a link to the old cucv forum with the following code would be a good addition as well with instructions to put this into Google:

[search term] site:View Forum - CUCV :: Steel Soldiers :: Military Vehicles Supersite

Also as a general forum matter, enabling the vbulletin "insert image from link" button on posts would be really helpful for re-posting embedded images that already exist on the web.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.