• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 glow plug relay sounds

elfraz

I have had my m1009 for a few months. I just noticed yesterday that after normal cold start. The glow plug relay under the dash clicks on and the volmeter drops into the yellow and then returns to green. It will do it 4 or 5 times during warm up. Do I have something going bad or is this normal and I just noticed it?

Last edited:

Keith_J

Afterglow. Just keep light throttle until it no longer does this. Heavy throttle with the afterglow can cause glow plug swelling and failure.

elfraz

thanks for the input. I just noticed this sound and I want to make sure something was not wrong. I have had nothing but good luck with this truck since I got it I was affraid my luck was changing.

kipman

I have had my 1009 for one year, put 18,000 on her, this months has been one big murphy party, you would think wreckerman was a yankee and lived in my garage.aua

Mudstone

since i replaced the plugs... mine doesn't make a sound anymore. it used to make a loud clunk. and they are cycling cuz the voltmeter fluctuates when they are on and off. anything to worry about?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does a CUCV glow plug relay make any sound if it's alone in a forest(and cycling)?

Midnight Rider

since i replaced the plugs... mine doesn't make a sound anymore. it used to make a loud clunk. and they are cycling cuz the voltmeter fluctuates when they are on and off. anything to worry about?
I had the same thing happen to me. I replaced 3 plugs and now no more sounds. It's been running fine though, so I haven't worried about it. I think it's been about a month or more since I changed mine.