• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 gov. auction

cowboywitek

http://www.govliquidation.com/aucti...5434&NSN=2320011232665&perPage=30&cmd=keyword

hey everyone... had a question about these liquidation auctions. this particular one is in KY. but anyway, does anyone have any experience with buying these through the internet sight unseen? they say "runs with jump" so does that mean they really "run"? or should you usually bring a trailer to haul them back? any answers or info would be great! thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken_86gt

Runs with jump means that it runs, they probably drove it. It also could mean the batteries just need a charge - not likely through. Could also mean the batteries are shot and just need to be replaced. Could also mean the alternators are not charging the batteries and need work/belts.

These auctions are always a gamble as to the condition of the vehicles- GL even frequently puts the wrong pictures up. The only way to really know is to go and inspect the vehicle. I had to trailer mine back- alternator belts were missing and the batteries were shot.

Preacherboy

I bought a deuce and some trailers sight unseen, but it is not recommended. If you want a nice one, you will want to preview it...as stated earlier...everything, and I mean everything is a gamble with GL. But that is part of the draw and mystic of the game.

cleb

It could start and run, but the drivelines may have been destroyed by a forklift. You just never know until you go to the site and Inspect, inspect, INSPECT!

davidkroberts

It could start and run, but the drivelines may have been destroyed by a forklift. You just never know until you go to the site and Inspect, inspect, INSPECT!
ditto, you never know what is going on mechanically until you get it. Even then with it running doesnt mean it will make it back to where you live. I always tow mine back. a m1009 will flat tow behind anything.