• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 having electrical issue with light and turn signals

1prep-er

Hey All. Take it easy on me I'm new to the world military vehicles and Steel Soldiers. I just bought a M1009 that is in great condition.

However, I'm having a small issue. When I was driving it last night I put my turn signal on and all of my runnng lights went out (headlights, tail lights, turn signals, and dashlights). It was as if I had flipped the Service Light switch to Off. But it is in the proper position and I have not been able to get the lights back on.

Because it happened right when I turned on my turn signal it makes me wonder if it is not loose connection in the signal selecter/ light dimmer on the left side of the steering column.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First off, Welcome to the OD Green Madness.....No need to fight it just let it happen.......Resistance is Futile!!!!!

First, read the CUCV Wiki post at the top of the CUCV Forum.

Cucv - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

Second, read the CUCV Thread for CUCVs sticky

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/20600-faq-thread-cucvs.html

It has alot of good info, but is getting cluttered with usless posts.

On the Wiki post are links to all the CUCV Technical manuals. You can also search for them thru the RESOURCES tab at the top of the page.

The TMs have troubleshooting sections that will help with alot of your future problems. Also the wiring diagrams are in the Appendix

The CUCV fuse box is a known issue. With 25+ years of service and the enviromental conditions they are exposed to, the fuse box is usually covered in dirt and grime. One of the first things you should do is disconnect the batteries and use some Electrical Contact Cleaner and sandpaper/file to clean the fuses and the fuse holders. This will help alot of electrical issues. Because of the dirt/grime fuses have been known to melt and not blow.

Next I would clean the plug on the B/O switch, headlight switch and then the dimmer switch.

Check your fuses and let us know what you find

Right click on thumbnail and choose "Open Link in New Window"

Attachments

Last edited:

Ghost2012

First off, Welcome to the OD Green Madness.....No need to fight it just let it happen.......Resistance is Futile!!!!!

First, read the CUCV Wiki post at the top of the CUCV Forum.

Cucv - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

Second, read the CUCV Thread for CUCVs sticky

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/20600-faq-thread-cucvs.html

It has alot of good info, but is getting cluttered with usless posts.

On the Wiki post are links to all the CUCV Technical manuals. You can also search for them thru the RESOURCES tab at the top of the page.

The TMs have troubleshooting sections that will help with alot of your future problems. Also the wiring diagrams are in the Appendix

The CUCV fuse box is a known issue. With 25+ years of service and the enviromental conditions they are exposed to, the fuse box is usually covered in dirt and grime. One of the first things you should do is disconnect the batteries and use some Electrical Contact Cleaner and sandpaper/file to clean the fuses and the fuse holders. This will help alot of electrical issues. Because of the dirt/grime fuses have been known to melt and not blow.

Next I would clean the plug on the B/O switch, headlight switch and then the dimmer switch.

Check your fuses and let us know what you find

Right click on thumbnail and choose "Open Link in New Window"
You might also try the multi switch in the column (turn signal switch) goes bad a LOT in those trucks.

True soldier

m1009 turn signal issues

I also just bought a 1986 m1009 everything was working just fine UNTIL i turned on my turn signals to make a turn and for some reason it blew the fuse and now my turn signal arent working

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks