• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 head lights on truning on

irishvin

hey im looking at a m1009 and the guy put a plow on the front end for this coming season and now the head lights dont come on ....i was thinking fuses and wireing problem but im going to look at it again on monday i wanted to know if anyone could give me a idea to what else to look at on this truck before buying and also help me figure out the light problem

thanks vin

Last edited:

blackhueys

thats what I was thinking as well the plows usually have there own lights as the plow covers the factory ones. let us know if this helps or not these trucks are fun but sometimes you just have to stand back and scratch your head at them trying to figure them out and what the designers were thinking lol.

cscmc1

This is a long shot - is it possible he disconnected the headlights and is using the circuit to power the plow lights?
Precisely what I was thinking. It should be easy enough to check for power at the harness where the lights plug in, and trace from there. Good luck, OP!

irishvin

Ok so i took thw truck for a ride monday with out the owner. Watching over me pulled over filled the switches witch i thibk he nato switch up and pulled the light button on and all the lights work lol the guy mechanic was puzzled to why it didn't work but looking at very thing there was no surface ruat well bo rust at all really and it sounds great no clunky nose qell shifting into 4 wheel drive low or high its lovely the guy did do aum mods it. Has 32s on it and it's hot temperature gages ywo of them idk y and a gas pressure gage very works fine though. Thanks guy for the. Help. Its a nice truck i was driving around town here and really enjoyed it

zaxcucv

Ok so i took thw truck for a ride monday with out the owner. Watching over me pulled over filled the switches witch i thibk he nato switch up and pulled the light button on and all the lights work lol the guy mechanic was puzzled to why it didn't work but looking at very thing there was no surface ruat well bo rust at all really and it sounds great no clunky nose qell shifting into 4 wheel drive low or high its lovely the guy did do aum mods it. Has 32s on it and it's hot temperature gages ywo of them idk y and a gas pressure gage very works fine though. Thanks guy for the. Help. Its a nice truck i was driving around town here and really enjoyed it
One word: Proofread!

steelandcanvas

From the Forum Rules. Your posts will be much easier for everyone to read if you follow this.

• Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation. Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English. It is extra work to post proper sentences from a smartphone but the result will be greatly appreciated. Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read!