• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Heaterquestion

topgun217

This just happened out of the blue this morning: started M1009 ok, turned on the heater fan and the Gen 1 light came on but no heater blower. I know to check the fuses when I get back home but the question is, why did this happen. If I remember correctly, I read a post somewhere that stated there is a relationship between the Gen 1 and the heater blower switch....or did I just dream that? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I plan on checking the TM's when I get back home tonight.

Vhyle

Check the heater fuse. I've noticed that it's common for the heater fuse to blow, and possibly overheat and melt into the fuse block. My truck has done it, and a few others I've read as well. The factory blower motor switch is bad about cooking, so a lot of people end up wiring in their own blower motor switch. Check the heater fuse and see if it's melted down. If it is, you may have to splice the supply wire and the ignition switch wire with a new in-line fuse holder (ATC fuse holder only!) and bypass that part of the fuse block. Also, check the blower motor resistor, and the motor itself. Often times, the motors wear out over time and draw more and more current, causing the fuse to blow (or even melt).

And yes, that circuit is tied in with the Gen1. Any faults in that circuit will also cause problems with Gen1 - it won't charge properly in most cases.

topgun217

Thanks Vhyle, I thought I remembered correctly. Turns out that the fuse was only loose of all things to happen. I took it out and pushed back in and whala ! My fingers were knumb this morning from the cold.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks