• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Herculiner Completed

crownjewel4

Prep work for 2 days. Sanding, pop riveting, etc...
Finally applied the Herculiner Bedliner today. This is the fourth MV I have used this product on, and I am very happy with the results.

Pictures show the product still tacky, and drying. Should be ready to put seats back in tomorrow, and finish trim work.

It is pricey, paid $79.00 at Pep Boys for 1gal, but is worth it.

Last picture is from Thanksgiving, our 33.5lb Jaindl Turkey.
DEELICIOUS!!

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great! so does the floor...

crownjewel4

Doghead,
This is actually the vehicle you stored for me at your compound.
Turned out to be a good one. Lots of new parts on it. I changed all fluids, glow plugs, batteries. Needed a bit of body work, but glad to say it's all done.

I have it for sale locally. Have someone coming Tuesday, so I have to get it completed.

Take care,
See you next Fort Drum trip!!!!
Thanks,

rattlecan6104

I am not familar with Lizzard Skin. What is it? What does it do?

Thanks,
its basically the same as any form of spray/roll on bedliner, except it is made specifically for in the cab. They have two types, one is for sound reduction, and the other is for temperature insulation, both can be used, or only one if you want.

its basically the same as any form of spray/roll on bedliner, except it is made specifically for in the cab. They have two types, one is for sound reduction, and the other is for temperature insulation, both can be used, or only one if you want.

Was just reading on their site, they don't have any instructions for using both, would this be a apart one then the other, or a mix the two together and spray as one situation? I'm not too smart when it comes to the properties of these things mixed or as wholes

rattlecan6104

Was just reading on their site, they don't have any instructions for using both, would this be a apart one then the other, or a mix the two together and spray as one situation? I'm not too smart when it comes to the properties of these things mixed or as wholes
I saw them do it on the powerblock on spike, you used one, then after it dried you applied the other, I dont remember which order though.

Utah CUCV

What kind of prep work is involved? I have 2 Hurculiner kits for my 1008. I want to do the cab and the bed. I haven't red the directions yet. I'm hoping I have enough for the sides and the top edge of the bed. Then I can put my troop seats on without wrecking the paint.

crownjewel4

Prep

I had some rust issues so there was a lot of cutting, grinding, patching, sanding and pop riveting.
Otherwise, if you have a solid floor, prep by roughing up/sanding the CARC to accept the Herculiner, then I wiped down with alcohol to remove any grease/gun oil that the sanding did not get.

I took my time, and it really came out nice. I have used this before on M1009's and M1008's. I painted my Duece floor with CARC 383 after Herculining it, and it looks great. I did not like the shiny black in the Duece cab, it just didn't look right.

(were rubber gloves under work gloves).

zout

Herculiner is all I use and it is like armor plating the metal - very good product - cab looks excelent and so did the "bird".

dduncan

Has anyone ever tried the Molded Industrial Polyvinyl (MIP) floor mats from LMC on a M1009 for heat/cold or sound??? Seems like it might work well...Or just be a complete pain to put in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks